In the planning and execution of flat roof repairs, the following errors should always be observed in practice:
- Inadequate inventory of roof surfaces, lack of knowledge about the structure and state of the existing roof sub-structure of the laminated assembly
- No consideration to the repair or redevelopment of specific problems, inadequate detailed planning (common result: insufficient details; problems are thus often detected only during the execution of the work leading to unexpectedly higher costs for the client through numerous repairs)
- Lack of detailed planning in the application of additional insulation (adjustment of terminal heights, roof edge increase, increase in roof installations, drainage and emergency drainage, thermal bridges)
- Glue-down reorganization of railways without possibility of movement and vapor pressure equalization (eg: applying a layer of bituminous sheeting)
- Lack of testing of old roof layers (defects of the bonds, undetected storm damage, fatigue, etc.) upon application of bonded waterproofing systems
- Disregard of material incompatibilities between the old building and renovation (eg: soft exudation hike in PVC geomembranes in direct contact with non-suitable materials, lack of bitumen compatibility, etc.), lack of separation layers, selection of unsuitable materials
- In old flat roofs – improper sealing systems / roof waterproofing for still water on the roof surface
- Capillary infiltration, glued seams, seam separations
- Soft exudation hike, shrinkage and embrittlement (cracking) through “carbon effect” due to dirt in roofing membranes (PVC geomembranes)
- Disregard of deflections in flat roof (trapezoidal sheet metal & gas concrete substructure) upon application of gradient structures, lack of leveling of depressions and troughs
- Allocation of waterproofing / restoration work on flat roof with little experience
Roof Maintenance.ca is a service provider for professional repair work on flat roofs – we repair your flat roof quickly and reliably.
Do you have questions about costs, conditions, our services or about a current problem with your flat roof? Talk to us, we will advise you – free of charge and without obligation. Visit Roofmaintenance.ca for more info.